Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Other things I saw in MN

I actually saw more than I have pictures of, I just didn't really take any other pictures except for the morning Jim took me on the campus tour. I went out to dinner with Krysia's parents (Tim and Cheryl) and another person who came on the servant event with them, Jan, after going to Saturday night services at Messiah Lutheran Church in Lakeville. We went to this really good Italian place, and had a blast. Jan cracks me up, and she was all kinds of fired up still because someone painted a smiley face on her butt when the servant event was here in January, so she was blaming Erin, and I kept telling her I had no knowledge. She took that to mean I was trying to protect Erin, so she blames her. We also had fun messing around with the server, and the four of us split the most GINORMOUS piece of carrot cake I have ever seen. It was good.

I also went to a potluck at King of Kings in Roseville. They sent a group down last summer, so we all got together and ate and chatted. It was fun. The last remaining piece of free time was spent at the Mall of America. It was cool, and BIG, but I guess I was thinking it would be bigger. We just walked one lap around the lower level, and then went to the stores I needed to go buy stuff at. Perhaps it was as big as I thought, but just seemed different because the Cielo Vista mall is not anywhere near round or square, so you have to go down all these different ways to get anywhere, so it seems like you are walking forever because you can't find the store you want. That is probably it.

Enjoy the pics. I'll try to get one more up before the big trip.


Vivi picture, she is floating in the dorms

Capitol building. The one in Denver is better because it's dome is covered in GOLD!!

Downtown St. Paul skyline

St. Paul's Cathedral

It was really big

The top of the door

Um, so yea,


1 comment:

  1. Inside of St. Paul's "um, so, yeah.." because you're speechless??? Or because it's too beautiful for words??? Or because it's very Catholic??? Just wondering. Sounds like your trip to MN was both productive and entertaining. See you in 4 days! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete