Monday, September 13, 2010

Supplied for School

Every year at the end of the summer, the mission does a school supply distribution. Not only here in. El Paso, but backpacks are supplied to all of the sites across the border. This year, according to Elvira, who is in charge of the program, 1305 backpacks were distributed. All of this is made possible because of donations. Someone may send a box of school supplies, someone else a few backpacks, or a Sunday School class may collect cash offerings and send it down to purchase needed items.

Each backpack comes with:

Notebooks
Pencils
Glue
Crayons
Markers
Notebook paper
Folders
Scissors
Ruler
Health/Hygiene kit.

Some pictures are below. I send prayer requests as I travel to Minnesota this week for the start of my Family Life Education degree. The cool thing I found out is that it is going to be like 60 degrees all week, and that is awesome because it is still HOT here, and I am about tired of sweating. I also found out I will get to put letters after my name if/when I graduate. CFLE. I will tell you what those mean later.


Obligatory Viviana picture. Since I took this picture and sent it to Mom, and Mom put it on her phone as wallpaper, the Rockies have not lost. I asked Elvira to put Vivi in her Broncos gear tomorrow for a picture.

Part of the line

Rest of the line

Elementary school backpacks

Secondary School backpacks

Dora, Elizabeth, Nadia. You may remember them from some previous blogs (they received a couple additions to their home.

Happy Helpers

Hi Mrs. Palma

1 comment:

  1. I love the back pack giveaway -- it goes directly to the kids in the community. God speaks directly to them through their school supplies!!!

    Unfortunately, the Vivi magic hasn't worked the last two nights. I think she'll be back on target today, thugh! Go ROX, and Chris, have a safe and enriching trip to Minnesota!

    ReplyDelete