Saturday, September 25, 2010

My "school"

I am sure most of you know that I am enrolled in college again. I am pursuing my degree in Family Life Education, and upon completion, I will be a CFLE or Certified Family Life Educator. After that, the plan is to do a DCE colloquy and focus on youth ministry. The FLE program offers a myriad (Erin's favorite word) of opportunities in all areas of educating the family, from childhood to late adulthood, so that is great that there are so many areas to be effective in, and even better that there is a certification and a national group called the NCFR or National Council of Family Relations.

I went to Minnesota from the 15-21 to have orientation on campus and do some of the first class: Intro to Family Life Ed. After the classes and seeing the schedule and syllabus, I am going to be busy, but I am super excited. I look forward to gaining knowledge and experience and becoming better at what I do. I will actually be creating an online portfolio as well, and I have already started it, but it is just silly right now and doesn't really have anything on it. Maybe as I go, I will let you see it.

Working on getting the newsletter out this week, a big grant proposal, and a bunch of other stuff. I am off to do some reading for class on Monday. Enjoy the pics and have a great weekend.


Obligatory goddaughter picture, she found a candy bar

Cohort BA836: Family Life Education

Concordia University St. Paul

Bookstore

Library

More Library

Chapel

Inside chapel

More inside chapel

Student and Family housing

Dorms

Outside area

More outside area. I think there are more trees on campus than in my entire zip code

Gym

Pretty good team

Being a good student

3 comments:

  1. We can tell you are a real student now, you have a real desk to study at.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! You have a desk in your living room now. I guess I haven't been over for a while! Reminds me...we better make a bet soon! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yow!! A desk in your living room. Hope you're using it to study LOTS! Do the doggies like the desk???

    Also, had to laugh -- the book store was all clothing!!! Where are the books? Loved the blog! Mom

    ReplyDelete