Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My first "A"

Well that's 24 down and 104 to go. That would be college credits. This past week I wrapped up my first actual (not culinary school) college course. It was called communication fundamentals. I certainly picked up some good pointers from the class and enjoyed it for the most part. I am definitely getting more out of the chats in my current writing course than I did on the communication chats, but the discussion boards for communication were great.

I had 20 credits transfer from culinary school, and I need 128 to graduate, and there are about 50 in my actual program. So I basically need like 41 more general education credits after I finish the classes I am already enrolled for. Intro to Literature and Principles of Contemporary Mathematics start next week, Intro to Psychology in mid April and US History part 1 starts in early June. Anyone who has some suggestions that you think I would like, please let me know.

Also if you know of places I might be able to find some financial aid, please let me know. I have applied for our district scholarship and will be applying for one from my home church, but if you have ideas, please send them my way. I ask that you keep me in your prayers as I tackle this college adventure and that I am able to find some funding sources. I will keep you updated as we go.

I believe my cohort (not real sure what that is) starts in September, and I will have to go to the campus for a few days at the start of that, but otherwise, a majority of my education will be done online. It is a style that I like. Very fast paced, however I can work at my pace and can finish classes nearly twice as fast as traditional classroom style.

Blessings on you week. Tune in soon for a blog about the new building on the YLM campus.

3 comments:

  1. Barb Pond is on the Hinchey committee, and she wants to be sure that you got the info from Pastor. They're starting to take applications now for the next round -- so don't miss out! If you didn't get it from Pastor, I'll tell Barb and she'll get the stuff to you.

    P.S. Congrats on your A in Communications.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest you consider a Spanish major or minor! You already know a lot, and it will make you even better at what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Felicidades! It always feels good to get an A in your first class freshman year ;) I have to get that out of my system since pretty soon you won't be a freshman anymore!

    ReplyDelete