Friday, April 2, 2010

The new mission building


I attempted to keep you all in suspense a little bit in my last blog about a new mission building, but for those of you who read Erin's blog, you already know about it. For the others, here it is. Last week, the group was basically waiting for paint to dry, and some people were looking for some things to do, so I suggested that they could take some scrap wood from the house and build a doghouse for Ninja and Bear. They jumped right on it and got the frame done and we brought it back to the mission. I asked Erin if she wanted to paint it, and she did, and said she had a great idea for it. She got it painted a few days ago, and it looks a lot like the other mission buildings. The dogs go in it a little bit, but hopefully they figure out it is their shelter. I bet they will when it is over 100 degrees out. Check out the pictures and have a great week.

Putting the frame together

Body is done

Roof is on and Erin is starting to paint it

See it on the right, how it looks like the big house?

There it is, it even has a brown bottom like the big house.

Since each building has a LCMS cross with the number on it, and I live in building 3, Erin thought the doghouse should be number 3.5.

2 comments:

  1. super nice! Stephen got the dogs to like going in their kennel but training them. Something like, saying "Kennel" and pointing in. Repeat several times. When they go in, make a big deal of it and give them a treat. I don't know how this works to get them to just go in there when they feel like it - but, once they get used to being in there and realize that it is a happy place, they might just decide to go there themselves. Oh, I think Stephen also put some old throw pillows in there to make it nice and cozy. Seriously, do BOTH of your dogs fit in there? It looks small! Good looking though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris! It's absolutely the coolest. Sorry I had to blow your cover, but I didn't know I was blowing it. I think the doggies will love it in time! They just have to get used to it. The paint job is AMAZING! Thanks, Erin, and last week's group! God sends the best people in the world to YLM -- I'm totally high on YLM World today!

    ReplyDelete