Saturday, April 10, 2010

I need to vent

I apologize for the negativeness of this blog, I just need to vent. It kind of follows the same path as Erin's blog from a while back about all the groups canceling.

Yes, they are killing people in Juarez, Yes it is dangerous, Yes I feel horrible for everyone who has been affected by the violence. NO, I am not scared. NO, they are not bothering human service organizations. NO, I have not seen anything, nor do I think I will. YES, the people over there need Christ's light more than ever. Satan can not make it more clear that he does not want us to help those in need in Juarez, so I plan to go whenever I am called. YES, I am taking precautions to stay safe, such as not being there after dark, or doing anything other than showing God's love and lending a helping hand. Imagine how I feel when two precious little girls that I see at Santisima Trinidad's Easter service ask me why I haven't been around much, and if I don't want to help out the people anymore. What do you say to that?

I guess the reason I am writing this blog stems from a conference call I had yesterday. We were discussing the situation in Juarez, and I was told by the person we were talking to that he did some research, and found out that Juarez is the second most dangerous city in the world. Guess what he found out was fourth? Any ideas? NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA. Another city in need of help, especially in the rebuilding after the hurricane. Several mission trips are sent there each year, I bet with not even 1% of the concern posted over Juarez. The National Youth Gathering is being held there this summer, I hope groups know that it is such a dangerous city and take precautions. El Paso was voted the second safest city in America behind Honolulu, but for some reason, because of the actions of the bad men across the border, people feel it is not even safe to bring their groups here and help the many of our neighbors in need on this side of the border.

Please continue to pray for the people of Juarez and the staff/volunteers of the mission as we continue to bring Christ's light to such a dark place.

2 comments:

  1. And VENT you DID! Your words are heartfelt, and I pray for my many friends in Juarez and El Paso every day! Satan can not/will not win, for God is on our side. I love you guys, love YLM, will not stop supporting/defending the work He is doing through your presence there! You are His light -- may others see the need, pray about it, and find their way back to those in despair, in Juarez, El Paso, New Orleans, and all those places where Satan plays his evil game. Always, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are bad people out there and Satan knows how to work them into working for him and I hope that he and the people who are doing these bad things realize that this is not the way live your life... with all this guilt and knowing that they have killed someone innocent that was just minding their own business. I hope that they will repent and turn to the light that you are showing. This is your blog and you can write anything that you want to say. You can let your anger out in a letter and then don't send it and hopefully your anger will be gone.

    Kara

    ReplyDelete