Saturday, March 6, 2010

Going back to J-Town

So apparently I am supposed to update my blog more often. According to Kara, once per week is definitely not enough, so hopefully I can come up with enough exciting things and not bore the other readers, but just because she sent me an email and told me I wasn't good at blogging, I will try to do better. Thanks Kara.

We picked up a group from Martin Luther Chapel at Michigan State University a few hours ago, got them back to the mission, orientated, and tomorrow they are going to Juarez for church and a trip to the market while I finish up some homework for the week and a couple office things/grant proposal so I can not freak out all week about too much stuff. I hope to be able to drive to the bridge and walk to the market to meet them there.

Monday we will be going to build a house for an older couple near Cristo Rey, the husband is either blind or has really poor eyesight, and their old house was washed down an arroyo in a flood, so they were staying with friends and now we are coming to give them shelter. I know the slab is already poured and ready, we have the 2x4's and the siding there as well. Tomorrow I am picking up the last few things from Lowe's we will need, and the rest of the materials are ordered for Monday delivery from Hagalo. Please pray for nice weather and a great time for our servants and staff. I'll post some pics and a recap sometime after Thursday, unless Kara thinks that is too long. :)

1 comment: