Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It's official

I got an email today from my advisor (for lack of a better term) at Concordia St. Paul, and it contained a list of all my classes for my Family Life Education major through the online program at the school. Basically every Monday night from September 20th to December 20th 2012 from 7:00 to 7:45 central time, I have online class. Then a bunch of reading and discussion boards will fill out the week.

In total, I will receive 43 credits through this program, and when I add them to the 43 I will have once I finish my History class at the end of July, I will need 42 more general education credits, which I hope to take at the same time as the FLE (Family Life Education) cohort. From there, it will be to the DCE colloquy program, and maybe a Lutheran teacher colloquy as well, who knows? Well the Big Guy upstairs knows and I am sure he will make his plan known to me as I go. Here are a list of the classes in my major program:

Intro to Family Life Ed
Overview of Contemporary Families
Family Systems
Family Decisons
Family Communication and Relationships
Intimate Relationships
Methodology in Family Life Education
Growth and Development in Children
Adolescent Development
Development in Adulthood
Parent Education
Parent Education: Methods
Biblical Christianity (Krysia, did you say you have this book?)
Family Law Public Policy
Portfolio and Synthesis

Not real sure what the last one entails, but I don't have to worry about that for a couple more years.

I plan to try and take some psychology and counseling courses as well, because I think they would be a good fit with the major. Who knows, like I said, He will let me know the plan when he is ready. Have a great week, Man Library blog coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. This is cool, Chris! I love seeing it all spelled out like this. You will be a busy man with a higher purpose! Trust in Him -- he DOES have that very special plan for you. Just don't try to tell Him yours -- cuz he'll let you know very quickly how misguided we can be.
    Word verification word: sidefang: My dentist told me to watch that sidefang carefully! She didn't want to get bit!
    Take care of you! Momma loves ya!

    ReplyDelete