Saturday, August 8, 2009

2 weeks in 1 blog

Once again I find myself a little behind on the blog writing. The summer season is winding down, tomorrow I am heading to Colorado for my sister's wedding and a little telecommuting. (I think that is what they call it, when you work, but not at the office.) This past week was spent with some youth and adults from Fondulac (I don't know if that is one word or three), doing repairs on a severely worn down and damged trailer in Sparks.

Last week, was kind of a family theme. Erin's parents and sister traveled from Missouri to spend a week at the mission. They were originally going to be part of a group from their church, but that fell through, so they came and spent time drywalling and painting in Horizon City. My mom and dad also came down for the board meeting, but they were here a few days early, so they spent a couple days working with us in Horizon. Overall, it was a good week.

Enjoy the pics and pray for the safe travels of all attending Stef's wedding.

Old ceiling in Sparks, the hole is from someone stepping where they shouldn't.

New ceiling, no hole anymore. :)

Old roof shingles, almost can't even tell they were ever there.

New roof shingles being layed.

Shadow of Erin working in Horizon City.

Erin and I preparing drywall to be hung.

Focused ont the drywall.

Trying to nail some wood from outside the house, and almost lost the ladder right when kara was taking this picture. (I was only like 2 feet up though)

Ok, so the two videos below you have to watch. I got a new screw gun for drywall, and Erin loves it. She always struggled a little sinking the screw, and this one works like everytime, so she did some happy dances. Sorry the videos are sideways, but I couldn't figure out how to rotate them.



This one should have the sound of the drill with the happy dance too.



4 comments:

  1. I wish I knew how to rotate videos. It's annoying that you can't just right-click on them like pictures b/c that would make them that much better. Oh well.

    Looking forward to our 10ish hour drive tomorrow...make sure to do some relaxing in CO in addition to your telecommuting or whatever you called it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enyoyed spenting time with you and the dogs. Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the video! We did have a good time working with Erin's family and the two of you! A fun week -- being back at MY mission! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIG GUY!! MISS YOU ALREADY --- BUT WE'LL SEE YOU NEXT MONTH (GOD WILLING!)

    LOVE, MOM

    ReplyDelete