Saturday, August 22, 2009

Here comes the bride

This is the first of a few blogs that will be posted over the next few days, I am not going to post them all at once, because I want the readers to be able to see each of them and enjoy them, so keep checking back this week for a couple more.

As the title of this blog may suggest, this one covers the wedding of my sister Stefanie that was held on August 15th. We actually spent a week in Colorado for wedding events, and a little free time. I'll talk about the non wedding stuff in the next blog.

So, Stef has been planning her wedding for the better part of 20 years, so everyone in our family tried our best to do our part to make sure her special day was completely awesome. The week started a little rough because our home church was unable to get a temporary occupancy permit. The building has been undergoing an expansion and remolding, and although all plans were to have everything done and the wedding there, the city was unable to grant a permit to hold the service there, so it was moved downtown to a beautiful church near the reception site. This required notifying 250 people about the change and as I like to say, put some people "in the weeds" trying to get all the other things done.

Of course everything wound up getting done on time, Stef and Mike were married in a wonderful ceremony and now Princess Stef becomes Princess DeMonbrun and they will live happily ever after. Pastor Hinchey had gave a message on always having a plan B basically because of the location switch, however in an oversight, Mike's ring did not make it to the ceremony, so just minutes after the message of always having a plan B, we went to it. Perfect.

As some of the pictures will show, I stood on my sister's side, however I was not a bridesmaid. :) The program showed that I was "THE MAN", which I will accept. I'm not sure how I ended up on her side, maybe she really wanted me there, maybe Mike had too many to choose for his side, who knows, but I was honored to stand on her side. Why not break down the gender barriers of weddings? Who says it has to be all females or males, plus I was the lucky one, I got to stand with all the pretty ladies as opposed to the sweaty guys? Who do you think got the best of that deal?

Enjoy the pics and look for more blogs soon.

There I am, on Stef's side. Say something. :)

Stef and I at the rehersal luau.

Me and the rest of the bridal party.

Erin took this picture of our family. I bet the one the photographer took will probably be the Christmas card picture this year. Any bets?

The bridesmaids and THE MAN outside the reception

Stef and I outside the hotel.

The photographer wanted to get one of Erin and I as well, so here it is.

YLM staff and mom and dad.

Cutting the cake. You can't really tell from this picture, but the dark circles are edible pictures of Mike and Stef.

Father and Daughter dance. I danced with Cinderella. Such a fitting song.

Brother and Sister. Congrats again Stef.

Mom, a couple of her sisters, cousins, niece, sister in law all dancing together.

Stef and Mike at the rather elaborate ice carving.

2 comments:

  1. You were the handsomest bridesmaid...I mean MAN...up there if I don't say so myself ;) But why do you look so scared in the picture of you and your sister at the reception? Is it because they had just turned on the chocolate fountain and you were afraid you weren't going to get any?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this and the one on Garden of the Gods, too. It was a beautiful day, and you made the perfect "MAN!" You and your baby sis both stood exactly where God meant you to be that day! Can you email me the pics, or can I take them straight from the blog? Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete