Monday, June 29, 2009

My "nieces"

So I was walking to the dorms to do my laundry yesterday and I ran into Jorge and Elvira. I have become very close with their family, and they call me "Tio" which means Uncle in spanish. So, Viviana was crying because she was hungry after church, and Elvira said, "here, take you niece", so I held her for the first time and Elvira gave me the bottle to feed her. I was hesitant to hold her still, because she is so small and I am afraid I might break her, but I didn't, so that is all good. Now I will probably have to go to their house everyday just so I can hold her. And no, that doesn't mean I am getting soft.


So I went to the dorms to drop off my laundry so I could wash it, and of course the girls smelled baby or something, then of course Erin has to take a picture of it, so here it is. But it doesn't mean I am getting soft.

The rest of my "nieces" hanging out with me in the dorm. Mariana (china), Camila, Viviana, and Paulina (chata).

2 comments:

  1. Well yes I have to take a picture of it! Tell me that's not CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my GOD! I LOVE these pictures. And look at the first one! SHE IS tiny -- your left hand almost covers her entire body! I'm keeping this one forever!! Mom

    P.S. No,you're not "getting" soft! You have always been SOFT -- you just don't like anyone to know it!

    ReplyDelete