Friday, June 5, 2009

Mom said

So, I get this phone call from my mom the other night, and she says that I am slacking because I haven't posted a blog in a while. I told her I don't want to post one about doing the same things that I talked about doing in the last one, but she said people would think I am lazy. I said nobody probably reads this thing anyway, but to make her happy, I will post one. :)

Basically, I have been doing the same thing that I wrote about in the last blog. Lot's of office work, and this week preparing for the arrival of the summer groups. Mom brings down a group that arrives tomorrow, and I have been getting things ready for that.

Other exciting news, one of the grants I submitted was approved, so we now have some funds to help more of the families in Sparks that are in need of home repair. So that is awesome, and reason itself for a blog.

I also helped Erin and Kristine build some signs, (one of which got stolen from the side of the road, grrrrr), and shaved my goatee. I don't know if I am going to leave it shaved or not, but I got mad because yesterday, a second person asked if I was Erin's dad. GRRRRRR!!!! Have a great week and I will post another soon.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations again on the grant...I totally would have read a blog just about that, you ROCK! And I am grrrr about the sign being stolen too, but like I said earlier, at least whoever stole it knows that YLM is sponsoring hot dogs and soccer in the park on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am GRRR about your stolen sign, too -- but I am :-) about finding a ndw blog. Can't wait to arrive tomorrow, and really can't wait to hear about the GRANT!!! Congratulations!

    No goatee -- how will I know you???

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suprisingly enough some people actually do read your blog.

    Kyle

    ReplyDelete