Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Year, New Resolutions

Well, this year I actually decided to make some resolutions, with the honest intention of sticking to them. So if you have some extra time in your prayers, perhaps you could lift up a couple of these for me.

1. Read the Bible in a year (I have tried this before, and I always quit during Chronicles, but I found a really cool chronological plan where I am already reading bits and pieces of Chronicles so it is manageable.) One thing that I noticed the other day is that it really is Chronological. I had to read Genesis 25:12-26 before reading Genesis 25: 7-11, and when you look at it, that is actually the correct chronological order. (odds of success 95%)

2. Read a book per week. One of my Facebook friends did this last year, and I thought it sounded cool. I am going to have to choose small books though, because of school. So far, I have finished 2 and am 1/3 of the way through the third and we have not quite hit two weeks yet, so in good shape. Let's see what happens now that school is back in session. Erin asked if a book of the bible counted, what is your opinion? (Odds of success 70%)

3. Blog again. Enough said. (Odds of success (65%)

4. Lose 2 pounds per week (It doesn't necessarily have to be 2 per week, but I want 104 gone by 12/31/12). Even if I don't hit this number, I will consider it a success if I can lose half of that. (odds of success 50%)

5. Keep my 4.0 in school. Classes are getting tougher, work is getting busier, and now I have to exercise and read too, so which one is going to win out? Not this one. I make myself do schoolwork at least one hour per day, and more if needed to make sure I am doing well. And, a friend of mine graduated college with at 3.9799 so that is my motivation to beat her :). (odds of success (99%)

Have a great week, hope you are enjoying your new year.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm sorry it took me so long, but I did finally find my way to your blog, and it's only 12:18 a.m. and only March. Don't give up on your blogs though. I REALLY do like them -- and I REALLY don't plan to be this busy all year (till I take another cruise, the grandbaby comes, and Dad has a second knee replacement while I'm teaching three classes and planning a mission trip and overseeing a university Community of Excellence school. Talk about doing NOTHING well.
    I love your resolutions. They are all valuable, and all will make you happy and healthy. So, stick with 'em for you and for God. It can be done! And I need you to motivate me to do ALL those things. Love you, Chris. Momma!!!

    ReplyDelete