Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cooking with Chris

Frank and Susannah, who some of you may know, approached me a few weeks ago and asked if I would be interested in giving cooking classes to them and others from YLM and San Pablo. I thought why not. Last Friday, we had our first class. Basically how it works is each student (8 is enough for one class) pays 5 dollars plus the cost of the food is split between each student (which last week ended up being 3 dollars per person).

We made Italian Chicken Rolls with parmesan pasta, and everything turned out well. I showed them how to split the chicken breast, pound them thin, stuff, roll, and bread them, while having them do some pounding and mixing of things. After the chicken went into the oven, we started the pasta, and just talked about general cooking things. It was a good learning experience, and a fun time for fellowship. I need to figure out a way to show them crock pot meals, since I can't make it work like you see on a television show, when they put something in the oven, go to commercial, and when the commercial is over, the food is done.

Next class we are going to have pan seared fish (probably tilapia) with penne pasta, roast jalapenos, and a light cream sauce.

Plans are to have classes every two weeks. Other requests have included crock pot meals, shrimp scampi, steak, and barbecue. Depending on future interest, I may have to hold 2 classes during each week, which would be ok by me.

Have a Blessed week.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds SO cool! Are the classes continuing? Why didn't you tell me about this on the cruise? I think I will do the classes while I'm there if you offer them. I need to learn something new. But then you will most likely be busy while I'm there, and there won't be any classes. I still want to though, so please say you are still doing it. If you say so, I will check blogs more often, too. And read my Spanish bible in a year, and.... lose 25 pounds. Well, maybe. Love you, Momma!

    ReplyDelete