Friday, January 28, 2011

Learning New Things

So far this has been a year of learning new things for me. Most of them have been computer related, since I am a digital immigrant. First, Erin taught me how to do all kinds of cool stuff on publisher, so I can make neat things now for school assignments, and my youth classes, and other things. Then, for a school assignment, I had to make some shapes and lines for a genogram project, and of course I did not know how to do that, so I asked the resident digital native (Erin), and 15 minutes later I was making boxes and circles, inserting text boxes, changing the shading and fill of these text boxes, drawing lines, it was sweet. Then, after I got the project back, my professor told me that I had done one of the best genogram projects she had seen in all her years of teaching. YAY!!!!

We are also changing our website to combine our current news site, and regular website into one. This past week there has been a lot of adding pictures and content, so naturally when I needed to figure out how to add a page, or a picture, or a next generation gallery, it was time to learn again. I have a lot of notes, but I am starting to remember things. Hopefully all the English content will be done by early next week, then it needs to be translated into Spanish and we can launch it. Hopefully it will be up SOON!!. I can tell you, it is pretty cool.

I have also learned school stuff. About stressors, and step families, and violence in families. Lots of stuff about family systems. This class ends Monday, and then Tuesday starts the next class called Family Decision.

Since I like to read, and I feel like I have been neglecting The Essential Man's Library, I started to read Don Quixote last night. All 902 pages of very small print of the unedited one. Any guesses on how long that will take me?

Well I am off to work on a web page about the Christmas distribution stuff. Have a fantastic week.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this blog. Didn't every really think of you as a digital immigrant, since we had a computer and video aracade from the time you were about 8 years old, but by today's standards, I guess an Apple IIe and an Atari don't actually count as "digital." Glad school and reading are going well, too, and I'm excited to see the new website. Miss you guys and miss my mission!

    ReplyDelete