Sunday, August 1, 2010

Check this out

Here is a link to a video by the Newsboys. Take three minutes out of your day and watch it. Pastor Astorga mentioned some things in his sermon today about being tied down to our calendars and not having time for the Lord. He said that Martin Luther often said he had so much to do that he would have to pray for 3 hours to prepare. I found that to be a really good point, so anyway, take 3 minutes and watch the video.

The reason I put this up should be clear when you watch it. I guess the group frequently travels to Tijuana to build houses for the needy there, and it shows them working on the house and gives a bunch of statistics about those who live in Mexico and border cities as well. It is just another way to show their needs, and I have seen a couple of my facebook friends post links to this video, and I thought it is a good way to show one of the myriad ways YLM helps the communities on both sides of the border.

Enjoy the video and have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, though I have seen the video before, it's always a good reminder. I'm glad you put it on here. Love the thoughts in Pastor Astorga's sermon -- aint it the truth. Made me think I better get back to my bible readings again. I'm not THAT busy -- how can we get too busy for God??

    See you in a couple days!

    ReplyDelete