Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'm going to College

Once again I will quote a movie that I like. Some of you may remember the movie Back To School with Rodney Dangerfield from 1986. Early in the movie, after his life is turned a little upside down, in order to keep his son from dropping out of school, Rodney's character says he will go to school with him. His son says "really" and then Thornton Melon says "I'm going to College."

You may remember in my previous blog, I talked about possibly taking some online classes through Concordia St. Paul. Well, I received word this morning that I was accepted and my cohort for Family Life Education begins in September. I would then do what is called a DCE colloquy program online as well. Prior to beginning the cohort, I need to finish 16 more general education credits through their school of continuing studies. The best part is that all of it is done online so I can still continue to do His work here on the border while studying. I would need to go to campus for just a few days at the beginning of the cohort and that is all.

You may be asking yourself where this came about. I actually felt called by God when we were at the Servant Event Leadership Conference to begin investigating the opportunity for this and all of the things have come together. I learned when He directed me to Ysleta to not question his will but go with it. Here I am, Lord send me. Isaiah 6:8. I am not sure where it will lead me if I am able to complete the program, but I am confident He will show me.

I ask for your prayers that I will be successful in both my studies and my job, and that I will be able to figure out a way to pay for it all. If any of you are aware of places I may be able to apply for a scholarship, please let me know, you may also prayerfully consider a "personal scholarship" and sponsor a credit or two.

Once again, Happy New Year and Blessings on your week.

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting blog -- and I obviously hadn't checked your website in awhile! I'm so tickled for you -- and so pleased to know that you see and heed His calling. He has plans for you, and they are beautiful. You've learned well to listen to Him! Have patience, my son! Love you lots, and will keep praying for you through this new journey! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete