Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year

Well, here we are in 2010, a new decade. I begin this year filled with joy, yet nervous at the same time. I continue to have a job that I love, a roof over my head and on January 1st, for the first time in the changing of the last 3 decades, I am smoke free. :)

I have many things to look forward to this year, the biggest being a cruise throughout the Mediterranean that will take place in October. I am also looking at taking some online classes through Concordia St. Paul, but a lot of things need to fall into place just right for that to work out, although things are going good with that so far.

I have had the same New Year's resolutions for the last several years (to quit smoking) and usually failed, but since I succeeded (finally) this past year, I had to come up with something new. I always though it would be cool to read the whole bible, and since I have heard of Erin doing it twice, and actually saw her do it this past year, I have resolved to read the bible this year. Each day I will read a little old testament, a little new testament, some psalms and proverbs. It is all laid out in daily readings that should take about 15 minutes. I also have picked up some bible commentaries in hopes to understand the word even more. I have the first 5 of the old testament, 3 gospels, psalm, proverbs and some epistles. I still need to round out the collection though.

I have actually tried to do the bible reading in the past, but I failed because of Chronicles. I just couldn't do it, so hopefully I can muster the will power and discipline to make it through this year, as I think it would be a very cool accomplishment to do that.

We had a group last week that built 3 houses in Juarez, but I didn't take a lot of pictures because I was working. The group leader is going to send me a dvd of pictures soon, so I will get a blog up about that and then maybe add some pics later.

Happy New Year to all, Blessings on your new decade..

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog! A perfect start of the year. Can you send me a copy of the reading plan you have. I want to do it in Spanish, and I like the way yours is broken up. Is it available on line? Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete