Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Mariachi Christmas

Even though I live and work here at the mission, it is not all the time that I get to see Mariachi San Pablo perform. They rehearse every Tuesday, and I am always invited to go watch that, but as far as seeing them perform a concert? I think the last time I actually saw a full concert was at my home church in 2006 or so. Last Saturday, they had their Christmas concert here at San Pablo and to say it was amazing would be an understatement. 2 hours of Christmas songs and Mariachi favorites, followed by a menudo dinner (which I declined).

To our knowledge, Mariachi San Pablo is the only Lutheran Mariachi band in the world and if you have been able to see them, you know how great they are. Each year, they tour all over El Paso and even have Spring Break and Summer tours throughout the United States. I have posted some pictures and videos from the concert. Enjoy them and for more information or to buy their cd's please check out http://www.ylm.org/mariachi.html.

Please say an extra prayer for us as we are holding our annual Christmas distribution today with food, toys, blankets, and jackets for so many of those in need. Please consider helping us out by giving a gift to change a life at http://www.ylm.org/CG/christmasgiving.html.

Blessings on your week and look for blogs about the Posadas and the distribution later in the week.


Mariachi San Pablo Chrismas Concert

Miguel

Lizette

Guitars

Violins

Stephen

Ann's solo


Doesn't the Church look great


Vamos a Alabar Al Rey (We Are Going To Praise the King)


Tu Nombre Levantare (Lord I lift Your Name On High)

1 comment:

  1. This is SUCH a cool blog today -- seeing the mariachi in the two videos made it extra awesome! And, YES, the church looks GREAT! I will definitely be there for this season some year in the NEAR future! That's a promise. Thanks for taking the time to add mariachi music to my day. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete