Tuesday, December 1, 2009

El Padrino

Translates to The Godfather. Although it is my favorite movie of all time, it is also now another name I can be called. Jorge and Elvira asked Erin and I if we would be the Godparents for their newest daughter Viviana. Of course I jumped at the opportunity. Ever since she was born, Viviana has always had a smile for me whenever I would see her or pick her up in the office. She even gets fussy when she is not being held, so sometimes I just have to go pick her up to get her to stop whining. You may have seen a few previous pics of her in my blog, but below are a few from the baptism that was held a the Thanksgiving service at San Pablo when both mine and Erin's families were here.

It snowed actual snow for the first time in a long time in El Paso yesterday and today, so I have gotten to work from home the last 2 days because the dogs will eat the house if I leave them alone too long, and there is a big lake in my yard from the rain and snow so I can't really leave them outside too long either. I figured the best way was to just work from my chair at the house where I can keep my eye on them. It is nice because there is no distractions, but kind of lonely because I don't get to see my office mates or Viviana. Hope everyone is planning on a great holiday season, I might go to Advent service with Erin tomorrow night, but I am not sure. Any thoughts?





2 comments:

  1. I am glad Vivi FINALLY got baptized, and I do not think they could have picked a better service to do it at!

    --La Madrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think you should go to the Advent service with Erin.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete