Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Will You Be My Padrino?

You might remember last Easter, when Erin and I went to the service at Santisima Trinidad, and were asked to step up as Godparents for Julia, who had none and was about to receive her first communion. Well, I walked in this past Sunday for the service, and was asked again to be Padrino of a first communion. Naturally, I said yes.

This one was nice because I have known this boy for several years. His name in Josue and he lives at San Pedro y San Pablo, where the services are held. We have built his family three rooms, and one for his grandparents as well who lives down the street. I feel honored that these families think highly enough of me to ask me to be a part of their children's lives in this special way.

Additionally, all the baptisms, confirmations, and first communions are held on Easter Sunday at Santisma. This year, there were 11 baptisms and 6 confirmations/first communions. The church was completely packed, standing room only, even after Pastor Hernandez sent all the children to their Sunday School class immediately. What a great sight to see, and to be a part of.


One of our friends, Yoana, with her Easter basket. Later, I found out the egg shells were filled with confetti when they were smashed over my head.

Josue's sister, Genesis

Pastor Hernandez preaching

Baptisms









There was even a gentleman my age who was baptized and confirmed on the same day.

First communicants lined up

Josue

The new guitarists, you may have read the article on YLM's website

Take and Eat

Take and Drink


Josue

Josue with his Sister, Mother, and Grandmother

Tried to get them to smile

Another who had her first communion, and her mother asked me to take her picture. I'll print out and give it to her next time I go.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, Josue looks way older. I probably wouldn't have recognized him ;)

    Your pictures are nice though. I like the one of the kid's head where you can see the water trickling down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some day I would like to do Easter at Santisima. I love what they do with it there with the baptisms and the communions. Glad to hear you got to be a padrino again. And I agree with Erin, your pictures are NICE.

    ReplyDelete