Saturday, March 21, 2009

Exciting times in El Paso

So this pic is supposed to be at the bottom, but I'm an idiot and hit the wrong button and deleted it so it is up here. I have heard of body art with paint or tattoos, but E-Mac takes it to a new level with "Tar Art." I accidentaly got that one spot on her leg, so she drew some pics and then had to take a bath in paint thinner to get it all off.

Good afternoon,

It is such an exciting time to be here at the mission. So many awesome things are happening, despite all the bad things you may hear about Juarez, it just opens up so many more opportunities. When you hear things like prayer team, and church planting, and mission starting, you can't help but be excited about all the possibilites and the opportunity to be involved with something so cool and rewarding. I don't want to talk too much about that here, but I would be happy to share it with you, or check out Erin's blog because I am sure she is going to write about it too, because I stole the idea from her. Thanks Erin. :)

So, otherwise, it was just kind of a normal week, did some construction with a group from North Dakota State University, some office stuff, and today, Erin and I are making a Chicken Alfredo Spinach Lasagna. We are part of a blog group that you make recipes for each month, and this month's subject is lasagna. We are not allowed to use our own recipes, and are supposed to try something new, so we will see how it turns out. It sounds really good though. Let me know if you want the link to read that blog.

I have some other news that could be super exciting, depending on if it develops like I really hope it does, but I am not going to say anything just yet, I want to keep you all in suspense and make sure it really happens first.

Oh, and last week, Erin totally helped me put tile in the house I am living in at the mission. There are a couple pics on here, put none of the finished product, cause I don't have any yet, but I will get one or two on the next blog. She is super multi talented, but I think she likes roofing more than tiling. Oh well. I had a bunch more that I wanted to write about, but I can't remember, so when I do, I will put up a new entry.

I am glad to see and hear that the weather is getting better for most of you. It has been perfect here. Until next time, God's Blessings on your days.

Chipping out the old carpet tacks. Check out the stylish kneepads. Can you say supermodel?

So, Erin hates this picture, but it is the only one I have right now that shows the new tile. I love the way it looks.

It's not roofing, but it was great to have her help.

This one creeped me out a little bit. She looks like she wants to get my jugular with the circular saw.

Get in your home. What do you have against your home? I said that to this nail, because it was not cooperating and going where I wanted it to.

Just put this one on to show you that I actually work sometimes and not just take pictures.

I couldn't run fast enough to catch the ice cream man so I made her a tarsicle.

2 comments:

  1. Whatever that was so not accidental. It's on the next time we build an over-roof. Tar is like cooking, it's so much better if you make a huge mess in the process. In this case, cold process ;) HAHA I just thought of that when I saw it in writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So now you've got me really curious! How long til I'll know what the surprise something is that you referred to? (if it happens).

    ReplyDelete